Work2Go 2011-06: Tips & tricks
21 September 2011
The key words for this newsletter are conveniently and efficiently.
Who wouldn't like to be working free-flowingly, without any major distractions. Avoiding those annoyingly setbacks that you encounter every now and then. Such as complicated applications, incomprehensible error messages or unnecessarily complex ways to perform simple tasks and so on. Those moments you might ask yourself 'why must things always be so complicated?!' But often it's actually not really as complicated as you thought in the first place. You just don't know about the shortcuts. This is why I thought it was time to show you some convenient ways to perform various functions in Work2Go. I hope they will give you the occasional eye-opener and simplify your everyday life.
Drag & drop
Drag & drop files of various types is really handy. We recommend you logging in to your account using the Advanced Ajax Mode.
- You can drag an email to your mini-Calendar to schedule an appointment.
- Change the date on your Calendar items by drag & drop in the weekly view.
- Move files between folders.
- Attach a file to your email by drag & drop from your desktop to your email.
- Label files and emails with tags.
- Rearrange your Task list.
- In the bottom left corner is a mini-Calendar that you can schedule appointments to as well with just a few clicks. Right-click the date you want to schedule something on or drag & drop an email onto the date.
- It doesn't have to be an appointment. You can also use it as a personal reminder.
- You can quickly and easily find all emails that you've sent or received on a given day. All you need to do is click on the date in the mini-Calendar.
- Keep the cursor over a date for a while and you will see which appointments that are scheduled that day.
Chat with your colleagues
You haven't missed out on the fact that there's a chat function added to your account as well?!
You find it at the bottom left, next to the mini-Calendar.
A simple but yet useful way to communicate with your colleagues.
Send emails from different situations
- By creating additional persona's, you can send emails from different situations. From you as a private person, as an employee, as a soccer coach or something like that.
- Each persona can also have their own signature.
- When using filters, you can also have the replies sorted into different folders, depending on which persona you sent the email from, completely automatically.
RSS feeds and podcasts
You can also mix business with pleasure in your account. If you subscribe to podcasts or RSS feeds, you can add them in your Work2Go account as well. And you will be notified in your Inbox whenever there's something new of interest to download or read.
Sharing your file archive
- You can mail out a file or a link to a file, right from where it's saved in your Portfolio.
- Every one who has access to your Portfolio don't need to have the same access rights.
- You can create and display presentations and slide shows, directly from your Portfolio.
- When uploading several files to your Portfolio, it's easier to use your computer's file manager instead.
Only save what really matters
It's easy to save information. Often it's unnecessary information as well and after a while your quota has exceeded. You can always purchase more disk space and if you think you need a lot more, you can even save money by upgrading to Work2Go Pro instead.
But you can also keep your disk usage at a lower level by a few clicks.
- Delete unnecessary emails and don't forget that you also have all your sent emails saved in your Sent folder.
- Save large attachments to your hard drive and delete them from the email.
- When you save an attachment to your Portfolio, a copy of the file is created. If you only want to keep one, you can delete the file from the email.
- And don't forget to empty the Trash!
It was a exceptionally long email this time. But once you start giving out advice, it's hard to stop. I hope some of it was useful for you. Syncing ones account is another convenient feature to use if you have a Work2Go Pro account. I'll be telling you more about this next time. Till then, have a lovely summer!
My link tips